Medical Evacuation by Air Ambulance and International Medical Escort
What is Medical Escort?
Medical escort is the accompanying of a patient on a scheduled airline or, if not possible, on a dedicated air ambulance aircraft.
iMER has suitably trained ICU physicians, nurses and paramedics ready 24/7 to escort patients to any destination in the world.
What is Medical Evacuation?
Medical evacuation, abbreviated as “MEDEVAC”, is the timely and efficient transport of a patient with expert en-route medical care, to a more suitable medical facility for treatment.
When do you need Medical Evacuation?
- When the available medical services are limited and cannot provide the required treatment
- When the patient’s conditions does not allow the use of regular transportation
- When time is critical to prevent further deterioration or death
- iMER will transport you, as soon as possible, to the appropriate Academic Medical Center
- iMER Medical Evacuation include all the logistics of transportation in a fully equipped Air Ambulance
iMER Air Ambulance Service
The uniqueness of the iMER Ambulance Service is best characterized by:
- Association with Academic Medical Centers worldwide
- iMER Medical Director for Air Ambulances Services:
Prof. D. Linton, iMER co-founder, is an internationally acknowledged expert in air ambulance transport of critically ill patients. Professor Linton is an Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot with more than 1,800 hours. He was the Honorary Medical Director of the Red Cross Air Mercy Service in South Africa for 10 years prior to starting the first Dedicated Air Ambulance services in the Middle East in 1998.
Prof. Linton organized and leads National training courses for Medical and Para-medical personnel for Air Ambulance Services. He has already trained more many hundreds of Specialist Physicians, Intensive Care Nurses and Paramedics who currently provide medical escort services.
iMER Air Ambulances are available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
The iMER Air Ambulance Service is always ready, day or night, to bring you wherever you may recover your health
iMER works primarily with an Airline Company, Arrow Aviation, who’s motto is “Any Mission – Any Time”
Suitable dedicated Air Ambulance aircraft used by iMER
- Hawker 800 SP (2 stretchers) with range of 4,500 kms
- Cessna Citation, with range of 3,600 kms
- Lear Jet 35/31, with range of 3,500 kms
- Intensive care unit (ICU)
- Critical Care Unit (CCU)
- Neonatal ICU
Cases treated by the iMER Air Ambulance Service
The iMER Air Ambulance Service is critical for patients where the immediate access to the specialized Medical center was key to the recuperation and rehabilitation of the patient.
We have succeeded in saving the lives of many patients with the following problems:
- Obstetric and Neonatal Crises
- Multiple pregnancy with premature delivery
- Congenital Abnormalities needing life saving surgery
- Severe Head injuries
- Acute Cerebral Vascular Accident (CVA) due to Vascular Occlusion
- Vascular malformations and cerebral Aneurysms
- Traumatic Paralysis
- Meningitis and Encephalitis
- Spinal injury including neck and pelvic injuries
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Arterial dissections
- Brain tumors requiring Neurosurgery by gamma knife and navigational CT/MRI
- Cardiac Surgery including urgent valve replacements
- Septic Shock Treatment
- Ischemic limb salvage procedures
- Whipple’s surgery for stomach cancer and pancreatic cancer
- Interventional radiological procedures for internal bleeding
- CT guided needle aspirations of liver abscess and other internal collections